Cape Sounion is the promontory at the southernmost tip of the Attic peninsula, 8 kilometers south of the town of Lavrio (ancient Thoricus) and 69.5 km southeast of Athens and a part of Lavreotiki municipality in the East Attica region. According to the legend, Cape Sounion is the spot where Aegeus, king of Athens, leaped to his death off the cliff, thus giving his name to the Aegean Sea. The area is noted for the Temple of Poseidon, one of the significant monuments of the Golden Age of Athens. Its remains are surrounded on three sides by the Aegean sea, perched on the headland.
- Drive along the scenic coastal road of Athens in our luxurious air-conditioned coach.
- Experience the breathtaking sunset setting around the Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion
Cape Sounion and temple of Poseidon Afternoon Tour
- Accessibility: Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- An adult must accompany the children.
Comfortable shoes, Hat (especially on warm months, June, July, August), Sun cream
Up to 24 hours before the scheduled tour departure time, there is no cancellation fee. Within 24 hours of the scheduled tour departure time, there is a 100% cancellation fee.