At the foot of Mount Parnassos, within the angle formed by the twin rocks of the Phaedriades, lies the Pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi, which had the most famous Oracle of ancient Greece. Delphi is listed between the UNESCO world heritage sites and is considered to be one of the most important archaeological sites all over Greece. Between the sixth and fourth centuries BC, the Delphic Oracle, which was regarded as the most trustworthy, was at its peak. It was delivered by the priestess Pythia and interpreted by the priests of Apollo.
- Walk around the picturesque alleys and wooden bridges of Krya Springs.
- Visit accompanied by your guide - archaeologist to the Center of the ancient world - Delphi Archaeological Site & Temple of Apollo.
- Explore the majestic Sanctuary of Athena Pronaia - “Tholos”.
- Marvel at the artifacts in Delphi Archaeological Museum and be astonished by the body structure of the bronze Charioteer.
- Enjoy a delicious meal in a traditional Greek taverna.
Delphi Day Trip from Athens
Meet with our licensed Tour Guide at 08:00 in our office and depart immediately for Delphi archaeological site with our air-conditioned vehicle. Drive through Boeotia plain, hearing tales about the ancient Greek Mythology, King Oedipus, God Apollo and find yourself being immersed in the myths and monuments of Ancient Greece.
Our first stop is Kryas Springs, an extremely picturesque valley in the city of Levadia. Walking routes along the banks, streams, limestone formations as well as stone and wooden bridges create the perfect scenery for a short stroll. (20 min)
Our main stop in Delphi Archaeological Site. Marvel at some of the most important and unique archaeological monuments, such as the Athenian Stoa, the Treasury of the Athenians, the Polygonal Wall, and of course the Temple of Apollo After that visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi, which hosts globally known artifacts like the Naxian Sphinx, the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the bronze Charioteer and the statue of Antinoos. Our professional licensed tour guide will make sure that you will not miss a single thing and make the most out of the tour. (2h 30 min)
Our final stop is the picturesque village of Arachova. Here we are suggesting you have your lunch, in one of the many traditional restaurants of the village, take a walk around its narrow alleys, marvel at the hand-woven carpets and buy local delicacies, such as Formaela cheese. Get back on the vehicle and return to Athens late in the afternoon. (1h 30 min)
Operates: Every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday at 08:00
- Accessibility: Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Entrance fees are excluded from the price, and they cost 12 euros per adult, 6 euros per student (with a show of a student card), and free for nonadults with a show of an identity document.
- An adult must accompany children.
Up to 24 hours before the scheduled tour departure time, there is no cancellation fee.Within 24 hours of the scheduled tour departure time, there is a 100% cancellation fee.